Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hey, We Started a Podcast


Yup! My friend, Ryan Acheson and I, decided to get together in a room and record ourselves talking about our gaming histories, the merits of Super Mario Sunshine, old PC games, Sonic the Hedgehog lore, and much, much more.

This is the pilot episode to our as of right now unnamed podcast (name forthcoming). Essentially, the main angle here is both Ryan and I pick an important game from our past that the other has not played, and then we compare our partially nostalgia-fueled reminiscence on the games with the other person's fresh, modern take on these experiences. In this inaugural episode, I had Ryan play the original Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and Ryan suggested I play Rick Dangerous, a game which I had zero experience with before this. Likewise, Ryan had barely any experience with the original Sonic.

Sonic the Hedgehog is available in a lot of places (I also assume you've probably heard of the game at least), but if you aren't familiar with Rick Dangerous and want to get some context for the conversation, you can check out the Flash remake that I played here.

If any of this sounds interesting, or if you just want to listen to two people who like video games perhaps a little too much talk about them while you go on a run or write your thesis or whatever, you can find our musings (and ramblings) at the following links:

Here's the podcast in ogg format.

And here it is in mp3 format.

The current plan is to try to do this around once a month. I've never done anything like this and any and all pointers and constructive criticism is very welcome! Again, this is the pilot, an experimental beginning if you will, and I hope we only improve the format and discussion as we go on!

Please feel free to share this anywhere you want if you enjoy it and find any value in it! We'd appreciate the exposure and it would certainly help encourage us to keep doing this!


No comments:

Post a Comment